Why do people move to Mexico?
People move to Mexico for personal or professional reasons, or a combination of both. Thousands of foreign professionals arrive in Mexico every year as part of an assignment with the company for which they are working. Others move to Mexico for personal or cultural reasons.
People make the decision to live in Mexico sometimes considering the following:
- To have new opportunities for a better quality of life.
- To appreciate new cultural insights and people.
- To work in multicultural environments and gain international experience.
- To enjoy great weather year-round.
- To experience life in a foreign country, learn a new language, and make new friends.
Top 9 Reasons to Move to Mexico
1. Proximity to the U.S. and Central American countries. It’s easy and inexpensive to travel between countries. In fact, you can even drive your own car or cross the border walking.
2. International work environment. Mexico is an emerging country with continuous growth and a large ex-patriate community in different industries. The economy needs qualified workers, and the country appreciates the skills, knowledge and experience brought in from around the globe.
3. Affordable cost of living, including housing, medical care, food, and utilities. It is less expensive than living in the USA or Europe.
4. You can afford to live in Mexico. There is good, quality housing whether you rent or buy. Property taxes are cheap, depending on the location. You can find all kinds of facilities and amenities at homes as in any other large country in the world.
5. The weather is wonderful. Mexico has a tropical climate with a rainy and dry season. The temperature typically ranges between 50°F and 90°F throughout the year. Mountainous regions experience cooler temperatures and lower humidity.
6. Mexico is the port of entry to the Latin American Market as the largest Spanish-speaking country in the world and the second largest country in Latin America. There are many different commercial and tax treaties between Mexico and other countries in Latin America. There are many opportunities in Mexico due to vast natural resources, large population, among other things.
7. Mexico’s rich culture is colorful, vibrant and influenced by its ancient civilizations. Our culture is a mix of several indigenous populations among the Mexican people, and that is flavored by a huge Spanish influence left by the conquistadores.
8. Good Healthcare system. Mexico’s Healthcare system has high standards and is affordable for ex-patriates. In fact, the quality and lower cost of Mexican healthcare is attractive for many foreigners, who can come over and find the same services as in any other high quality healthcare system in the world.
9. Food! Mexican cuisine has some of the most well-known dishes in the world. It varies by region due to local climate, geography and cultural differences between states throughout the country.